A circa 1960 aerial view of Tracy, California, looking northeast over the Southern Pacific railroad yards in the downtown “bowtie” district. One of the two original roundhouses remains at upper right, while an eastbound passenger train waits at the SP depot (left of center). Within the next four years, nearly all of the rails would be torn up and removed.
17 November / 3200 x 3200 px
Search Railtown Tracy
Railtown Tracy Pages
Railtown Tracy Posts
- Mileposts: Byron Hot Springs (MP 69.9)
- Cornering The Market: Neighborhood Stores In Tracy
- Mileposts: Ayala (MP 70.9)
- Southern Pacific Diesel Shed, Tracy
- Mileposts: Holly Sugar Corp. Refinery, Tracy (MP 73.5)
- Union Pacific “Mothball Fleet” In Tracy
- Mileposts: Bethany (MP 75.7)
- Alameda & San Joaquin Railroad
Have A Comment?